Friday, June 21, 2013

A Mish Mash on a Rainy Day

It's been raining for the last 36 hours give or take a few minutes.  I am not a rain person.  I can only survive when it is sunny outside.  It doesn't have to be warm but it has to be sunny.  Mexico needs the rain so I'm grateful for it, but I really think it should only rain at night when I'm in bed either sleeping or reading a good book.  I took this photo at 10:30 a.m. and it could be mistaken for a nighttime photo.  Eventually the sun will return so until then I will just drink lots of coffee to stay awake and I'll think good thoughts about how green everything will become.  


On the house reconstruction front, they haven't started with the inside yet but are working on the patio/garage as it is going to be enlarged.  So while that is a muddy, wet concrete mess, the house is still workable.   Next week we dismantle the kitchen and then it gets torn down.  That should be interesting.  The good thing about that is that I won't be able to cook.  I don't have anything against cooking but I'll always willing to take a break from it when I can.  As long as I have a place to plug in the coffeepot I'm good to go.



Notice that blue covered thing in the picture below in what is currently part of my mostly cleared out kitchen/eating area? (We don't usually eat at a plastic picnic table - we put away the good furniture).  That is Arturo's 30 year old cross country motorcycle.  Obviously we have to protect what is most important to us, right?  Really?  A motorcycle in my kitchen?
Citlali has the right idea.


                                                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment